Our church was first organized in 1869 in the Wilderness School house. The 1st church building was erected in 1874 on the Sherwood farm, near the Wilderness School; later moved to the city of Plymouth at 604 Pearl Street.
A brick structure was built in 1894 at the corner of South Michigan & Webster Ave and dedicated in the spring of 1895 by Bishop Weaver. The cost of the new church building was $5,500.
A new church was built in 1926 on the NE corner of South Michigan and Williams Street and dedicated in 1927 by Bishop H.H. Fout. The cost of the building was $43,000.
On Sunday, February 1, 1948 the new pipe organ was dedicated with Mr. Siegfried Gruenstein of Chicago as the guest organist.
A ground breaking for a new Christian Education was started on Sunday, May 24, 1959. The old parsonage was used for Christian Education until the building was dedicated on Sunday, March 27, 1960 by Bishop Reuben Mueller.
The current church building and parsonage continue to be used to make disciples for Jesus for the transformation of the world and our community.
**All this information was taken from the Through the Years brochure for the 100th anniversary (1969) of the founding of Trinity United Methodist church.